This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

Welcome to the
Bredon Hill Surgery

Dr Jeremy Pawley, Dr Simon Hill


Dr Kim Purvis, Dr Samantha Cooke and Dr Sarah Haworth

Main Road
GL20 7QN

01684 773444

 Please be advised we no longer use have a fax machine.

Please forward all correspondence to sowoccg.bredonhillsurgery@nhs.net


Please see the news tab for details of the drop in flu clinics we will be running from October.

Summary Care Record


There is a new Central NHS Computer System called the Summary Care Record (SCR).  The Summary Care Record is designed to assist doctors and nurses care for you by providing essential medical information about you.


Initially, it will only contain your medication and allergies.


Later, as the system develops, other staff who work in the NHS will be able to access the SCR. It may also contain your medical summary, information from hospitals, out of hours services and letters from specialists.


Your information will be extracted from practices such as ours and held on central NHS databases.   

As with all new systems there are pros and cons to think about. 

When you speak to an emergency doctor you may overlook something that is important, however if they have access to your medical record this might be avoided. 

You should be asked to give your consent each time a member of NHS Staff wishes to access your record, unless you are medically unable to do so.


You may have strong views about sharing your personal information and wish to keep your information only at the level of your GP practice.  


Connecting for Health (CfH), the government agency responsible for the Summary Care Record have agreed with doctors’ leaders that new patients registering with a practice should be able to decide whether or not their information is uploaded to the Central NHS Computer System.


For existing patients it is assumed that you consent for your record to be uploaded to the Central NHS Computer System unless you actively opt out.


For further information visit the HSCIC Website


If you choose to opt out of the scheme, then you will need to complete an opt out form and bring it along to the surgery.  For a copy of the opt out form please see the downloadable surgery forms section of our website. 

Total visitors:322060 | Disclaimer