Move More Worcestershire
Over the past eighteen months, Macmillan Move More has been working with Macmillan to support people living with and beyond cancer to become more active. So far, Move More Worcestershire has engaged with over 100 patients and supported them in their physical activity journey.
The programme provides specialised, individual support starting with a one to one consultation with the Physical Activity Co-ordinator at a time and location to suit the individual. The meeting will:
- Look at what becoming more active could mean for the quality of life.
- Help overcome some of the concerns around getting active.
- Help identify goals and barriers.
- Help identify activities the individual would enjoy that are appropriate to their capabilities and lifestyle.
- Sign post them to local activity opportunities.
Ongoing support is provided for 12 months, as required. This could be in the form of further face-to-face meetings, telephone calls or texts.
This programme will be funded until October 2019
If you would like to talk to us about how we can support you, or you would like any more information about the service, please contact Diana Fox, Move More Physical Activity Co-ordinator, on 01905 855 498 or email email@example.com.
Diane is level 4 Cancer Rehabilitation qualified and has personal experience of using exercise as a way to help with a cancer diagnosis.
Patients often feel more confident in getting in touch with our service when recommended by someone in a health setting and if you wish you can discuss this with your doctor.