There are many practical issues to manage when somene dies. Bereavement Advice Centre can offer you support and advice on what you need to do next.
The service can provide help with
- What to do first when someone dies.
- How to register a death.
- Finding a funeral director.
- Probate and other legal procedures.
- Money and tax issues.
- Finding support.
Call freephone 0800 082 1215 or visit www.bereavementadvice.org
The service can also provide help with probate, tax and benefits.
- What is probate?
- Do I need probate?
- What choices do I have and how much will it cost?
- Do I need to pay tax?
- What type of tax?
- Who do I contact?
- What types of bereavement benefits are available?
- Am I eligable for these benefits?
A practical guide leaflet from the Bereavement Advice Service is available in the surgery