Statement of Purpose – Bredon Hill Surgery
CQC Provider ID 1-199766312
Glos GL20 7QN
Telephone 01684 773444
Email contact email@example.com
Legal Status Partnership
Full Names of the Partners
Dr Jeremy John Pawley – Registered Manager for all regulated activities
Dr Simon John Hill – Registered Manager for all regulated activities
Bredon Hill Surgery at address above
Covid vaccinations will be provided as a “satellite service” at Riverside Surgery, Waterside, Evesham, WR 11 1JP. This service will operate in collaboration with our Vale of Evesham PCN colleagues. Riverside Surgery holds full CQC registration.
- Bredon Hill Surgery aims to provide high quality General Practice Services to any patient living or staying within our practice area
- Bredon Hill Surgery aims to provide our service in a timely, professional and caring fashion
- Bredon Hill Surgery continually strives to improve the quality of the services we offer
We will achieve these aims by:
- Treating all our patients with respect and dignity. Involving them in decision making and encouraging them to take responsibility for their own health
- Being courteous, approachable and accommodating
- Listening to the concerns of patients, their families and carers and take action where needed
- Involving other health professionals in the care of our patients and communicating effectively with them
- Ensuring that all members of the Practice team have the appropriate skills and training to carry out their duties competently and professionally in a safe and supportive environment
- Communicating clearly and regularly with our patients using a range of media, and to invite on-going feedback using our website, patient surveys and the Patient Participation Group
- Promoting the uptake of evidence based treatments and procedures
- Promoting equality of access to health care for all our registered population
- Fostering an innovative approach to the development of primary care through clinical teaching, audit and research
- Maintaining the confidentiality of patient information at all times
THE PRACTICE POPULATION
The practice is the only Primary Care Facility serving the patients of Bredon. We provide general practice services to any patient living or staying within our area of Bredon and outlying villages. We cover an area stretching from the north part of Tewkesbury to Eckington and around Bredon Hill to Ashton-under-Hill.
The practice has been operating from our purpose-built premises at Main Road since 1989. Our premises have disabled access and parking facilities. We have a dispensary and dispense medications to around 95% of our patients.
We have a large population of elderly patients when compared to the county average, resulting in problems with social isolation, but with low levels of deprivation. The patient list has been gradually increasing in size and the practice now has over 5500 patients.
The practice has a strong clinical team which consists of Doctors, a Pharmacist, Practice Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and associations with health visitors, midwives and mental health nurses. We also work closely with a wider team of community nurses and allied professions who are dedicated to the support of elderly, vulnerable or frail patients in their own home or care home setting.
The Surgery is part of The Vale of Evesham Primary Care Network (comprising seven local practices – the others are Abbey Medical Practice, Barn Close Surgery, DeMontfort Medical Centre, Grey Gable Surgery, Merstow Green Medical Practice and Riverside Surgery).
Four doctors work from our surgery, providing general medical care. We have 2 male partners working 7 clinical sessions each per week. We also have two female part time salaried GPs who work 6 and 4 clinical sessions per week.
The nursing staff working within the practice comprises of, three part time Practice Nurses, plus two part-time Health Care Assistants and a phlebotomist.
We employ a Clinical Pharmacist, whose role is to support with the management of chronic diseases, minor illnesses, medication related queries from patients, the dispensary and other prescribing related activities.
The Community nursing team (Neighbourhood Team) is comprised of ANPs, District Nurses, Physios, Occupational therapists and a mental health practitioner. They are based in Evesham but cover our practice area. We work with the local midwifery and health visiting teams from Gloucestershire and Worcestershire.
The Practice Manager manages all operational, financial, personnel, strategic, and health and safety matters within the Practice. She is supported by an Assistant Practice Manager, the Lead Nurse, Senior Dispenser, and a team of administrative staff who undertake reception, secretarial and other administrative duties.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
The practice has a wide range of modern medical equipment, and our policy is to extend the range as often as possible, and as need arises and resources allow. The equipment is maintained in line with regulations.
We are a paper-light practice, and use the EMIS web computer system. We offer our patients on-line appointment booking and prescription requesting.Patients are also able to request on-line access to their medical records.
CARE QUALITY COMMISSION
The services we provide are categorised as follows:
- Doctors consultation services
- Doctors treatment service
- Diagnostic and screening services
The regulated activities provided under the Registered Managers Dr Jeremy Pawley and Dr Simon Hill are:
- Treatment of disease and disorder
- Surgical procedures (GP minor surgery only)
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Nursing Care
- Family Planning