Statement of Purpose – Bredon Hill Surger
CQC Provider ID 1-199766312
Address Main Road
Glos GL20 7QN
Phone 01684 773444
Email contact HWCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Status Partnership
Full Names of the Partners
Dr Jeremy Pawley – Registered Manager for all regulated activities
Dr Simon Hill – Registered Manager for all regulated activities
- Bredon Hill Surgery aims to provide high-quality General Practice Services to any patient living or staying within our practice area.
- Bredon Hill Surgery aims to provide our service in a timely, professional and caring fashion.
- Bredon Hill Surgery continually strives to improve the quality of the services we offer.
We will achieve these aims by:
- Treating all our patients with respect and dignity. Involving them in decision making and encouraging them to take responsibility for their own health.
- Being courteous, approachable, and accommodating.
- Listening to the concerns of patients, their families, and carers and take action where needed.
- Involving other health professionals in the care of our patients and communicating effectively with them.
- Ensuring that all members of the Practice Team have the appropriate skills and training to carry out their duties competently and professionally in a safe and supportive environment.
- Communicating clearly and regularly without patients using a range of media, and inviting on-going feedback using our website, patient surveys, and the Patient Participation Group.
- Promoting the uptake of evidence-based treatments and procedures.
- Promoting equality of access to health care for all our registered population.
- Fostering an innovative approach to the development of primary care through clinical teaching, audit, and research.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of patient information at all times.
The Practice Population
The practice is the only Primary Care Facility serving the patients of Bredon. We provide general practice services to any patient living or staying within our area of Bredon and outlying villages. The practice has been operating from our purpose-built premises at Main Road since 1989. Our premises have disabled access and parking facilities. We also have a dispensary. We dispense medications to around 95% of our patients.
We have a large population of elderly patients when compared to the county average, resulting in problems with social isolation, but with low levels of deprivation. The patient list has been gradually increasing in size and the practice now has over 5200 patients.
The practice has a strong clinical team that consists of Doctors, Practice Nurses, District Nurses, and associations with health visitors, midwives, a Social Worker, and mental health nurses.
Equipment and Facilities
The practice has a wide range of modern medical equipment, and our policy is to extend the range as often as possible, and as the need arises and resources allow. The equipment is maintained in line with regulations.
We are a paper-light practice and use the EMIS web computer system. We offer our patients on-line appointment booking and prescription requesting via the Patient.co.uk website.
Care Quality Commission
The services we provide are categorized as follows:
- Doctors consultation services,
- Doctors treatment service,
- Diagnostic and screening services.
The regulated activities provided under the Registered Managers Dr. Jeremy Pawley and Dr. Simon Hill are:
- Treatment of disease and disorder,
- Surgical procedures (GP minor surgery only),
- Diagnostic and screening procedures,
- Maternity and midwifery services.